S-Booster is a contest for new business ideas utilizing space assets from people who aim to launch new projects in their companies or start new businesses. Support is provided for commercializing finalists’ ideas through mentoring by experts, including business advice. S-Booster finalists will present their business ideas to investors, business companies, and others who are interested in the space field at the Final Round. In this way, business matching opportunities will be provided, connecting individuals and companies with ideas to investors and business companies that can help with future commercialization.
The fourth contest, S-Booster 2021, will use online technologies due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ideas will be taken separately from entrants in Japan and the Asian region. Finalists who pass Rounds 1 and 2 will proceed to the Final Round on December 17, 2021.
* In principle, Asia/Oceania region entrants will participate online.
* Formats and schedules may be changed as necessary.
Make sure to read the Application Guidelines for details about application.
- Applications are accepted from Japan and the Asia-Oceania region for new business ideas using space-related assets.
- These ideas can be already verified, or can be technologies to be created in the future, etc.
1) Space-based business ideas*
2) Business ideas based on the themes proposed by sponsors
* Applications from the Asia-Oceania region must include collaboration with Japan.
Examples) Collaboration with Japanese companies, organizations, etc.
Using Japanese space equipment and space systems (Quasi-Zenith Satellite System [QZSS]; Tellus; launch vehicles, satellites, services, etc. of Japanese institutes and companies), etc.
Please refer to the Application Guidelines for other application details.
Application has closed.
Thank you for your applications.
: Available for Japanese mentoring : Available for English mentoring
S-Booster Executive Committee Secretariat